Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Shards of truth

The purpose of this blog is to discuss the worldviews that underlie and are articulated in the arts and the media. Whatever lipservice many might give to the truism that "truth is relative", and that all worldviews are equally defensible, it goes without saying that again and again we rule out this or that view as invalid, and indefensible. I envisage this blog as a forum where the contributors can freely advocate the worldview that they have come to embrace, and freely challenge as invalid and untrue those views which, however wonderful the medium through which they are conveyed, they do not find acceptable.

I am going to be contributing as a Christian believer. I believe the Bible to be the Word of God. I believe Jesus Christ to be the Son of God. That is where I shall be taking my stand. But I imagine that other contributors will be defending other paradigms. I shall be starting up discussions on books and films that I have been challenged and or enriched by, and I shall be reviewing them from the point of view of a Christian believer. Having said that, I know that I have a great deal to learn from those who have seen the same films or read the same books from very different perspectives.

I look forward to some very thought-provoking discussion. Please feel free to have your say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home